Chemoprojekt, a.s. provides the design and implementation of water treatment units and waste water purification units for various capacities and various demands for output water quality including the preparation of all steps of project documentation.
Scope of design and supplier activities:
- Ensure projects as turnkey deliveries
- Prepare project documentation (studies, documentation for the planning permission proceedings, documentation for the building permission award proceedings, documentation to execute the construction, documentation of actual execution)
- Prepare the operating manual, the complex testing manual and the guarantee test manual
- Training of personnel
- Author’s supervision and supervision of the construction
- Testing and commissioning including the guarantee test
Sewage WWTPs (municipal)
Standard WWTP series (suitable for rather small and medium sized communities)
WWTPs for municipalities
With increasing demand for biofuels Chemoprojekt, a.s. has been working on BIODIESEL (FAME – Fatty Acids Methyl Esters) production projects for last 15 years. Chemoprojekt, a.s. concludes a licence and know-how agreement enabling Chemoprojekt, a.s. to design and construct vegetable oil and biodiesel production units on the basis of the modern technology.
Continuous catalytic transesteriﬁcation of triglycerides in the vegetable oils (rapeseed oil or other) by methanol.
Basic raw materials for production of FAME
- Vegetable oil (new, used, non-edible, etc.)
- Catalysts – KOH, NaOH, MeONa
- Fatty Acids
Variety of technologies
- The range of production capacity 10 – 250 kt/year
MeONa (Sodium Methanolate) – liquid, easy dosing and manipulation, mild reaction conditions, reactions are selective to desired products
- Recycling of used MeOH
- Safe and environmental technology
- Capacities of the designed units 10- 250 kt FAME/year
- Technology according to hi-tech licence
Quality of FAME is regulated by these standards:
- EU standard EN 14214
- US standard ASTM D-6751
- other national standards
The transesteriﬁcation reaction is accomplished continuously, using three reactors in series operating under mild conditions (i.e.: Temperature = 55°C and Atmospheric Pressure).
The transesteriﬁcation reaction can be presented as follows:
| (catalyst) |
CH-O-CO-R + 3CH3OH → CH-OH + 3CH3-O-CO-R
(Triglycerides) (Methanol) (Glycerol) (Methylester)
Reaction heat is negligible, and a heat supply from outside is necessary in order to keep the reaction mixture at the required temperature. Raw material is continuously fed to the three reaction steps consisting of pump, reaction vessel and relevant piping. The appropriate amount of methanol and catalyst are continuously dosed.
Methanol is fed to the reaction unit in a proper excess with respect to the stoichiometric amount with the aim to maximize the transesteriﬁcation yield and to limit as much as possible the side reaction of saponiﬁcation. Separately obtained glycerine, relatively rich in soap, is directly sent to the glycerine treatment unit. Light phase outgoing from the head of the reactor is transferred to the second reaction loop, after the addition of methanol and catalyst. Working conditions and the reaction volume of the second reactor are identical to the ﬁrst reactor. Light phase coming from the top of the second reactor is transferred to the third reactor, with previous addition of methanol and catalyst. Reaction mixture leaving from the third reactor containing the main product (methylester), the excess of methanol and the glycerine (reaction by-product) and a limited amount of soaps is sent to the methylester puriﬁcation section.
Methylester / Glycerine Separation
Reaction mixture coming from the third reactor and containing the product (methylester), the excess of methanol and the glycerine (reaction by-product) as well as the limited amount of soaps (formed by side-reaction of saponiﬁcation of methylester), is transferred to the gravity separator after a partial removal of the contained methanol. Glycerine (containing glycerine, part of the excess of methanol and almost the total amount of soaps) is sent to the glycerine treatment unit. The methylester phase coming from separator contains glycerine traces, soaps and catalyst; these impurities are removed through washing with water added up with citric acid. Methylester has to be dried to remove the remaining water and methanol.
The product- methylester is transferred to storage through the pump, after being cooled down to 30° – 40°C.
Vent Condensation And Recovery Unit
The unit is designed in order to condense all emergency vents from the upstream production unit.
The rectiﬁed and condensed methanol is send to the storage tank.
The purpose of the treatment is the acidiﬁcation of the raw glycerine stream, so to neutralize the residual catalyst and to split the soaps formed during transesteriﬁcation. Subsequently, the fatty acids derived from soap splitting are separated (for further acid esteriﬁcation) and the pH of the puriﬁed glycerine is ﬁnally adjusted. Distilllation unit on pharma quality of glycerine is another option we can provide to our customers.
Currently Chemoprojekt, a.s. aims its activities to 2nd generation biofuels. It is possible to produce 2nd generation biofuels from wood, agriculture, forest as well as from municipal waste. Chemoprojekt, a.s. has been recently preparing pilot biomass gasiﬁcation power plant and other projects related to 2nd generation biofuels production.
…we do not impose limits on ourselves, we are constantly developing ourselves further. New technologies fascinate us. Acknowledgement motivates us. New ideas and markets inspire us. And because of that, it is not unusual that we look beyond all borders…
Polyphenylene ether (PPE) is a special thermoplastic material. It is used in blends- by compounding with other plastics (HIPS, PA6, PA66, etc.) a thermoplastic material with excellent properties is received. These materials are processed preferably by injection moulding and the parts are used mainly in electrotechnics, computer, car and other industries.
In addition to the services described beneath Chemoprojekt, a.s. provides also complete basic & detail engineering related to pumping (or compression) stations, delivery stations and scraper stations and tank farm facilities forming the entire liquids/gas transportation systems.
Chemoprojekt, a.s. also provides pipeline inspection services and rehabilitation works including mechanical and chemical cleaning using in-house developed know-how. For all the above domains procurement, site engineering & supervision and commissioning and start-up services are also performed by Chemoprojekt, a.s.
- Soil strata surveys and reports interpretation
- Topographical surveys and reports
- Soil resistivity surveys and reports
- Other corrosion control data acquisition
- Design basis
- Hydraulic reports and analysis
- Pipeline route proﬁles
- System limitations
- Battery limits deﬁning
- Carrier pipe speciﬁcation
- R.O.W. description
- Crossings identiﬁcation & basic engineering
- Blasting operation rules, equipment speciﬁcation
- Motor operated & hand operated block valves speciﬁcation
- Special P/L installation speciﬁcation & summary
- Pipeline SCADA conceptual design and speciﬁcation
- Leak detection system concept
- Logic ﬂow charts development
- Instrumentation speciﬁcation and summary
- Telecommunication system conceptual design and speciﬁcation
- Electrical one line diagrams, main electrical equipment speciﬁcation
- Temporary & permanent cathodic protection philosophy
- Main temporary & permanent CP equipment speciﬁcation and summary
- Civil basic designs including station plot plans development
- Civil structures basic engineering and material speciﬁcation and preliminary bill of quantities etc.
- Pipeline P&ID’s
- Route maps & longitudinal proﬁles
- Detailed crossing drawings
- Standard trench drawings and calculations
- Casing drawings
- Standard pipeline installation drawings
- Block valve installation detailed drawings
- Piping & Isometric drawings, if applicable
- Pipeline equipment & material speciﬁcation
- Pipeline material take-off
- Detailed electrical & Instrumentation drawings & equipment/material bill of quantities
- Temporary and permanent cathodic protection installations detailed drawings & equipment/material bill of quantities
- Mainline repeater station construction & installations drawings
- Stations civil detailed drawings and calculations and bill of quantities
Off-sites are part of the main production units as strategic products Chemoprojekt, a.s.. Further projects are handled separately as new units or upgrading existing facilities. They included the following technological systems:
- Water treatment: water collection, cooling water production, demineralised water, softened water, preparation of drinking water
- Wastewater treatment
- Compressed air production
- Instrumentation air production
- Nitrogen station
- Steam and condensate unit
- Documentation EIA
- Documentation for territorial management
- Documentation for building permit
- Detail design
- Manuals for start- up and commissioning, operating manual
- Commissioning and test run
- As-built documentation